Weekly Card Archives:
Hi! Thank you for viewing the MCC QC website. I am known around here as “Pastor Rich,” and it has been my privilege to serve as pastor of MCC QC since Fall of 2004. I choose to pastor here because this congregation has a deep commitment to serving others and to creating a culture of love, trust and appreciation.
Here are a few of my beliefs, which I share freely in worship on Sunday mornings:
- Religion is about rules and about power and control – yuk!
- Spirituality is about our relationship to God, to others and to the world around us – yeah!
- Church should be guilt-free
- God does not care who we have sex with, but cares deeply about how we treat one another
- People should never be “owned” but we are all connected and should seek to live in relationships characterized by mutual love and affection
- There are many paths to God and many names for the Holy One and we can learn much from others
- Jesus is my chosen path
- The Bible does not condemn homosexuality, but does condemn inhospitality, rape and idolatry
- God honors our honest questions and searching
- God loves diversity
You do not have to agree with everything that I believe to participate or to be a member of MCC QC. I do not claim to have all of the answers – even to my own questions! I do encourage you to ask hard questions and to seek answers.
You and your spiritual journey are welcome at MCC QC.
Love in Christ, Pastor Rich
Education: B.A., Drake University 1980; J.D., University of Virginia School of Law 1983; M.Div., Emory University 1989.